Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Do more of what makes you happy

I recently returned from a most excellent holiday in Tasmania. It was my first visit and I was blown away by its natural beauty, groovy towns and cities, tasty food, friendly inhabitants and cute creatures. It’s now my joint-favourite state. I brought home lots of cool things; a wooden melon slice that grabbed Agatha’s attention, gifts for friends, a clock made from paper and some fantastic memories. But I brought something else back with me too, a resolve to do more of what makes me happy.

I was waiting outside a rather nice but pram unfriendly coffee shop in Hobart while Andy (my coffee-addicted husband) procured his latest skinny cappuccino and I spotted this:


I had already been feeling that I wanted to do more of the things I was doing in Tasmania: having fun with my two favourite people, visiting different places, trying new things, living more spontaneously, getting lots of fresh air, being active, shopping in independent shops and leaving myself open to a little serendipity. The sweet street art seemed perfectly placed and in that instant I decided to do more of what makes me happy and to blog about it, as a journal for me and perhaps to inspire (and in turn learn from) others about what makes them happy.

I’m starting small with baby music classes on Monday. I suspect Agatha and I will have a blast.

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathryn! It's a bit scary pressing "post" for the first time but I'm glad I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love it! I love the sign - music lessons sound like lots of fun - enjoy
    Becks
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Becks, Agatha is a big fan of the maracas so I'm hoping this enthusism extends to other musical instruments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suspect readers of this blog will have a blast too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny you should mention that BB...

    ReplyDelete